Whether you have recently purchased a new home or want to update your current avoid spending too much on furniture and decor with these strategies. Provided by Interior Design Experts at First & Main….here are the top 10 things you should consider.
- Prevent Expensive Mistakes: A well designed home requires careful thought and planning.
- Create a color palate for your home: Update a room in 2 hours, and under $50 with a fresh coat of paint.
- Don’t for get blinds and window treatments: Do you really want your neighbors to know that you sleep naked?
- Think traffic patterns and conversation groups: Draw out a floor-plan based on how you actually LIVE in your home.
- Balance, Scale, and Size can make or break any room: Mix shiny with matte, pattern with solids, and always add texture.
- Designer Pet Peve #1: Art should be hung at eye level for maximum enjoyment.
- Focus on focal points: TV or a view, draw their focus then give the eyes a place to rest.
- It’s literally worth every penny: Remodeling a kitchen or bath will always pay off in the end.
- Make every day feel like a staycation: The right bedding can make your room feel like a luxury hotel.
- You should have an interior designer: Having a trained Interior Design Professional who understands that YOUR home should reflect YOUR lifestyle.
First & Main Design Market is a great place to explore and find the perfect pieces for your home at any stage of your home decorating journey. Located in recently refreshed downtown Bothell and offering an eclectic combination of beautiful new designer furniture, unique, one of a kind vintage and reinspired salvage pieces and variety of housewares and gifts. It’s not your typical furniture store — with Interior Designers on staff they can help you choose a piece of furniture and then help finish off the room — paint, accessories, rugs, etc.
Want an excuse to come visit — Join us for our First Thursday events — the first Thursday of every month. Each event offers a different home décor theme or topic — along with wine, snacks and the chance to win prizes and gift certificates to the store.